Thank you for helping us to create a world free of MS!
Participating in Bike MS you will find support every step of the way. With rest stops every 10-12 miles, well-coordinated routes, medical and mechanical assistance and special attention to riders’ safety and comfort, the National MS Society will help you make this experience one you will never forget. Follow these easy tips to get started today to make the most of your Bike MS experience.
- Register Today. All cyclists are required to raise a fundraising minimum which is determined by their route length. This is an individual requirement, whether the cyclist is on a team or not.
- Download the Rider Manual for helpful tips on fundraising, logistics and event details. Also familiarize yourself with the Rules of the Road.
- Familiarize yourself with your My Participant Center and its helpful fundraising tools including a personal Web page, donor e-pledge capabilities and tracking measures.
- Fundraise! Utilize the online fundraising tools, send out emails with links to your personal fundraising page asking for support and watch the dollars start rolling in! Strive to be a Super Cyclist by raising $1,000 or more and be recognized for your fundraising efforts.
- Collect checks, which can be made out to the National MS Society. You may enter these donations in your Participant Center so that the donors receive recognition. In advance of the event, mail any checks received to the National MS Society – NJ Metro Chapter, 246 Monmouth Road, Oakhurst, NJ 07755. Include a note to apply these funds toward your Bike MS Coast the Coast Ride.
- Read all e-newsletter and e-mail correspondence for important information regarding the ride and for fundraising and training tips along the way.
- Speak to a cycling professional at one of our Official Bike Stores about training tips, purchasing a new bike, getting the right equipment and getting your bike fitted. Attend one of the official bike shops’s regular training rides to improve group cycling skills.
- Keep training! Join a team or find a cycling buddy and help develop a riding regimen. Consult a physician regarding any medical questions you may have in regards to riding and hydration.
- Raise your fundraising minimum by May 1st to have your rider number mailed to you in advance of the ride. Remaining rider numbers will be available at the event to those who have fulfilled the fundraising minimum. Fundraising minimums are: $100 for 25 miles, $200 for miles, $300 for 85 miles and $350 for 170 miles.
- Have fun! Remember, this is not a race. Be a courteous cyclist, be safe and enjoy the ride of your life!